View over one of the vineyards in the Moutere. Many thanks to Neudorf Vineyards.
Moutere Hills Webcams
View of Moutere Hills with Tasman Ranges in the background. Many thanks to Neudorf Vineyards.
Lake Rotoiti Webcam
View from the shore of Lake Rotoiti situated in the Nelson Lakes National Park. Thanks to Tasman District Council
Farewell Spit Webcam
View of Farewell Spit from the lighthouse at the top of the South Island. Thanks to Farewell Spit Eco Tours
Nelson is named after the famous British Admiral Nelson and is New Zealand's second oldest city, being settled in 1841. It is also New Zealand's sunniest city with over 2,500 sunshine hours per year.
Nelson airport is the 4th busiest in New Zealand. It is serviced by Air New Zealand. There are regular flights to and from Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch and other provincial cities.
Frequent ferry services between Wellington and Picton with bus connections to Nelson.
Two hours driving from Picton and six hours driving from Christchurch.
* The WOW Museum - A world class collection of classic Cars can be viewed alongside wearable works of art.
* The centre of New Zealand - a short walk up a hill adjacent to the city centre marking the so called centre of NZ (or close enough).
* Nelson Wineries, visit and taste 17 wineries located around the district.
* Over 22 walks around Nelson and the surrounding district.
* Visit the Nelson Market. It operates all year round in the Montgomery Square carpark in the centre of Nelson on Saturday mornings from 8am to 1pm. Stalls overflow with local products.
* Spend a few hours or several days in Abel Tasman National Park or at Kaiteriteri.